Information on:

Wild Animal Safari

124 Jungle Drive
417-859-5300

Wild Animal Safari has a long history here in Strafford, Missouri, reaching back all the way to 1971. It was in the spring of that year that J.W. “Pat” Jones bought several thousand acres of land and relocated his family from Arkansas. The current park still sits upon a portion of the land purchased by Mr. Jones!

Originally, the park filled over 500 acres and featured a 9 and ½ mile drive through the scenic landscape. It took 35 full time staffers to manage and run the park, which at its peak was home to over 3,000 animals!

Mr. Jones passed away in the mid 1990’s, just prior to selling the impressive park to Mr. David Dean, who operated the park until 2007 when Mr. Ron Armatige bought the attraction. Mr. Armatige divided up the park and created the 5 mile drive through attraction that it is today.

In 2006 the park was sold and held briefly by Tony Odo before being purchased by Parks! America in March of 2008. Over the course of time, Parks! America has invested over $1,000,000 to improve the grounds and enhance the experience of visitors.

Outside of material improvements, we’ve grown the amount of animals to a population of nearly 750 animals spanning over 70 different species. We continue to seek to improve Wild Animal Safari and create an attraction that is educational, fun and beneficial for the animals in our care.



Reviews

Melissa McBrayer

Rating:
Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2018
Such a fun place to stop at. We got there right after one bus left so we wandered around outside looking at the goats and animals in their cages. Then our tour bus arrived and it was amazing! It was a school bus but instead of having normal seats, there was a double sided big bench going down the middle of the bus so everyone had a seat facing out a window! The animals came up and ate out of everyone's hands. The treats for the animals are very affordable! The kids had the best time petting and feeding the animals along the tour and feeding the giraffe after the tour! Such a great place to stop!

Jesus Gonzalez

Rating:
Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2018
This place was awesome!! Took my family out there, 2 hour drive from Belton MO. So worth it. It was a summer weekday so not too busy. Took the bus tour, as it’s the only way to hand feed the animals but it does not have an additional cost other than the animal food. Hung out and walked through their small walking animals and my kids loved petting the baby deer and goats. Enjoyed watching the lions and tigers be fed by the zookeeper. Spent about 4 hours total, before we left we drove our own vehicle through the same route the bus takes and saw the animals one more time to say goodbye. They have an area for lunch time which sells food but we had already had lunch as we didn’t know they had this.

Lisa Gray

Rating:
Sunday, July 22, 2018
Employees love their jobs. Everyone we met was nice and helpful. When I advised the staff I was in a wheelchair the employee took it upon himself to save the front seat for me. It was well appreciated. Animals were worth watching and feeding.

1st 420

Rating:
Friday, Aug. 10, 2018
Very family friendly place and the admission fees were ok. The best part of the safari is the freedom to drive your own car in the park. The reviews that tell you the animals will get close to your car are spot on. So be carful and don’t stop next to the rams. The park was very clean and well organized. The animals were definitely happy and well managed. The staff was friendly and personable. The safari took a little under an hour and we were entertained 75% of the time. The other 25% was driving etc. I would go back

Jill Stewman

Rating:
Thursday, Aug. 2, 2018
Finally I was able to scratch off feeding a giraffe off my bucket list. This place is so fun and the best part for sure is feeding the animals. The drive through the park was really nice, but definitely do not ask any of the donkey's where Fiona is.

Wild Animal Safari is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media