Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center
- Free and open to the public.
- Join us for special events, hike a trail, or get acquainted with Missouri’s fascinating wildlife.
- Schedule a school or youth-group visit. Bus parking available. See Cape’s Interpretive Programs Guide below.
- Open daily from sunrise to 10 p.m.
Facility and exhibits
- 160-seat auditorium, three classrooms, hands-on exhibits for all ages, a scientific research laboratory, freshwater aquariums, and an indoor wildlife-viewing area
- Lots of programs, workshops, and special events. Check out the Events block to the right.
- Two-mile White Oak Trace nature trail. Download the trail map listed below.
- MDC Nature Shop featuring books, calendars, DVDs, toys, and other nature-related gifts
So much so see and do! Great for the entire family!
This was always a fun place to go to when I was young and still is fun today. Very educational with a lot of hands on exhibits and real animal skins. Outside you can go fishing or hiking. A great place to take kids
Very Happy with the park and Melinna playground is one of favorite part of day end .
We are very fortunate to have such first class nature education facility right here in Cape Girardeau. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The volunteers do a wonderful job.
Attended a fantastic class at the Conservation Nature Center! Very informative, well-presented, and a lot of fun. I'll definitely be signing up for more classes! The center itself is beautiful, and the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable.