Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center
- Free and open to the public.
- Join us for special events, hike a trail, or get acquainted with Missouri’s fascinating wildlife.
- Schedule a school or youth-group visit. Bus parking available. See Cape’s Interpretive Programs Guide below.
- Open daily from sunrise to 10 p.m.
Facility and exhibits
- 160-seat auditorium, three classrooms, hands-on exhibits for all ages, a scientific research laboratory, freshwater aquariums, and an indoor wildlife-viewing area
- Lots of programs, workshops, and special events. Check out the Events block to the right.
- Two-mile White Oak Trace nature trail. Download the trail map listed below.
- MDC Nature Shop featuring books, calendars, DVDs, toys, and other nature-related gifts
So much so see and do! Great for the entire family!
This was always a fun place to go to when I was young and still is fun today. Very educational with a lot of hands on exhibits and real animal skins. Outside you can go fishing or hiking. A great place to take kids
Very Happy with the park and Melinna playground is one of favorite part of day end .
Friendly staff also loved the trails.
We are very fortunate to have such first class nature education facility right here in Cape Girardeau. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The volunteers do a wonderful job.