The Glenn House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Built in 1883 for David A. Glenn, an influential figure in Cape Girardeau history, The Glenn House was originally built in a vernacular farmhouse style. It was renovated in 1900 to the Queen Anne style (with Free Classic influences).
Under the auspices of the Historical Association of Greater Cape Girardeau, The Glenn House has been faithfully restored and has many original architectural features, such as lights, plumbing fixtures, moldings, and wall treatments. Authentic period furniture graces its late Victorian interior.
The Glenn House is a home preserved in time, a true historical treasure. With each room is as it was at the turn of the twentieth century, The House is a window into what life was like during the Victorian Era (1860 - 1900).