The Red House Interpretive Center

128 South Main Street
573-334-0757

The Red House Interpretive Center is located just off Main Street in historic downtown Cape Girardeau, Missouri. The Center commemorates the life of community founder French-Canadian, Louis Lorimier, as well as the visit of Meriwether Lewis and William Clark in November, 1803. The Interpretive Center houses an early 1800's exhibit that reflects the lives of the early settlers of the old Cape Girardeau district. In addition, a rendering of Lorimier's Trading Post displays authentic items that would have been sold at the turn of the 19th century.